AP Courses offered at Perris High School:
- Calculus AB
- Calculus BC
- English Language and Composition
- English Literature and Composition
- European History
- Human Geography
- Spanish Literature and Culture
- US Government and Politics
- US History
- World History
Information about the Advanced Placement Program
Why should I consider taking AP courses?
Comparisons of costs taking similar courses in college.
Parents guide to the AP Program English version
Explanations for common questions.
Helpful strategies for students to meet the demands of AP courses and exams.
The Advanced Placement Readiness Program (APR) provides supplemental instructional support to current and potential AP students in STEM courses such as biology, chemistry, environmental science, physics, calculus, statistics, computer science principles, English Language and English Literature. Students receive up to 32 hours of course-specific instructional support, information and test preparation.
The APR program also provides high level professional development for current and potential teachers of AP courses in STEM areas and English. AP teachers involved in APR will participate in course-specific professional learning that includes observing and interaction with master teachers and engaging in professional networking that promotes best practices and rigorous AP instruction.
WHEREUC Riverside Campus
- September 29, 2018
- October 20, 2018
- November 10, 2018
- December 15, 2018
- January 26, 2019
- February 23, 2019
- March 30, 2019
- April 20, 2019
- 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- All of the above dates are Saturdays
- Lunch will be provided through Terra Bites or Subway
- Perris High School will provide transportation to UCR (8:00 am) and back to Perris High School (2:30 pm)
- Students just need to have a permission slip on file to ride the bus
- Incentives will be available for those students that attend 5, 6 and 8 sessions in a row!
- Students will need to fill out the following survey to get on the Perris AP readiness Permission list. AP Readiness Program
Dr. Joanna Dorado
College and Career Counselor
- (951) 657-2171 ext. 21125